Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Mirrors


Not the horror movie...

Then nightmare of my new Zumba class. So the new location is at the Y downtown by the capital. When I first thought about it being in Lansing, I didnt think i was going to make it. Turns out its nice scenary and for some reason the people at this Y just seem happier. I psycho analyzed that because of the location they are all busy working professionals, ppl that think they are important and thinking your important is half the battle. self-importance = bliss and such is the Downtown Y. Its actually called the Downtown Wellness Center (said in haughty accent with crossed legs, martini and throw pillows).

So im totally feeling the vibe, free water and freshly laundered towels handed over the counter when you sign in. Clean, smiles and spandex- totally the place to be at 5:30.

And then

I get to the top of the stairs an see the "studio on the left..." MIRRORS!!!! Huge freshly cleaned mirrors and fluorescent lights. In the center of the room on each side are two square mirrored pilars. Finally, this is what hell looks like. I can hardly focus because im plagued with issues I never had in previous non-mirroed Zumba classes like, how the fuck did I even get in these pants, whose body is that, is this just from mini snickers, am I on both sides of the instructor??!?!

Im trying to go with the flow. Its a new class with the same instructor so I unlike the rest of the class know all the routines already and appear to be a zumbabot. I cant help but notice bouncy (the instructor) doesnt look as happy and isnt giving away as many free smiles as she usually does. At the end of class she suggests that she might turn the class sideways because of all the mirrors. Thanks bounce.

In other news, I made my 5% weight watchers club goal, which is nice since its almost time for me to set sail.

I packed the original dress test dress, so here is another for progress sake. This dress is kinda blah but you get the point.



1 comment:

  1. I'm happy to see a new post, keep up the good work. One more week until the big trip, woo hoo!!

    ReplyDelete